The Divinity School reached out to Sanmita for assistance in a full site migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 to address several points of contention with their old site. Primarily among these were the sheer volume of content associated with the old site, a robust solution to handle the University-wide event management system’s imminent phase-out, and the general look, feel, and user experience with the site. The project also needed to accommodate the School’s existing biweekly Sightings blog of community-contributed articles by migrating existing content from as far back as 2014.
- Provide a scalable migration path for the thousands of existing pages down to hundreds.
- Develop a system which can handle self-contained events as well as integrate with the University’s Bedework events calendar, pulling in new Bedework events as needed.
- Migrate the School’s existing Sightings articles, maintaining content while moving to the new Drupal version.
- During the initial wireframing phases, we discussed functional requirements and areas of focus for the new site to address the content bloat issues found in the old site.
- In-depth discussions of requirements were held with UChicago IT to integrate university-wide event management system with the self-contained system in the new site.
- Sanmita developed a pair of scripts, one to export existing Sightings content from Drupal 7 and another to import Sightings content into Drupal 8, including images embedded inside the content found on the old site.
By following scalable architecture practices and adhering to accessibility guidelines, Sanmita created a visually engaging and robust site allowing the Divinity School to expand their online presence.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Get yourself ready for an awesome experience with Sanmita and be a part of the growing Sanmita family.